Board of Hearing Aid Dispensers contact information

301 South Park, 4th Floor (map)
P.O. Box 200513
Helena, MT 59620-0513
Fax: (406) 841-2305

Board Office Contacts:

For information applications and licensing contact:
Telephone: (406) 841-2202

For information on renewals, license verifications, and name changes contact:
Telephone: (406) 444-6880

For information on continuing education:
Telephone: (406) 841-2204

For information on filing a complaint against a licensee contact:
Teri Trask, Compliance Specialist
Telephone: (406) 841-2336

Board Management:
Linda Grief, Executive Officer
Board Management Bureau
Telephone: (406) 841-2395

  • Board Information
  • License Information
  • Regulations
  • Forms
  • Complaints
  • Services / Links
  • FAQ






Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for a license or temporary license?
You can download an application here.

How do I apply for a temporary license?  You can download an application here and in addition pay the temporary fee along with the application fee.
How do I make an address change?
Please use the address change form located under the forms tab on this website or notify the board via fax or US mail.
How do I make a name change? 
Name changes must be requested in writing with documentation of the name change included (marriage license, divorce decree etc.).  If you would like a copy of your license in your new name you must include a $5.00 check or money order for a duplicate license.
When does my license expire?
The license expires April 1 and is renewed yearly.
Please see: License Renewal Information for additional information.
How do I get a duplicate license if I lost mine? 
Send the board office a written request for another license along with a $5.00 fee.
What happens if I let my license expire? 
You will have up to two years to renew and will need to pay the renewal fees and late fees and submit continuing education.
What happens if I let my license lapse past two years?
Your license will be terminated and you will need to completely reapply if you intend to practice in Montana.
What is e-Pass and how do I use it?
All on-line commerce functions for the State of Montana are now using e-Pass as an additional layer of security to protect your information.  You will need to set up an e-Pass account to renew your license, purchase fishing or hunting licenses, etc. more information on e-Pass.
How do I find license or discipline information about a licensed individual?
You can go directly to the License Lookup System.  This site is a primary source for verification of licensed individual’s credentials.
How do I obtain a list of licensees? 
You can go directly to the License Download System.  This service allows you to purchase complete lists of individuals, businesses, and contractors licensed with the State of Montana through the Business Standards Division by using a credit/debit card.
How do I apply for a license if I am already licensed in another state?
You can download an application here and in addition pay the endorsement fee along with the application fee.
Is there a national entity for the profession?
The Board has approved use of the services provided by the International Hearing Society for both the written and practical exams which are required for licensure.
Is there an exam requirement?
Yes, there are three exams: the Montana Jurisprudence Exam which tests applicants on their knowledge of rules and statutes governing their profession and the national ILE written and ILE practical exam.
When are my continuing education hours due and how do I apply for continuing education course approval?
The Board requires 10 continuing education credits to be completed by June 15 of each year when you renew your license.  For course approval, please send a letter of request to the Board with the agenda, brochure and resume of presenters.
What is Administrative Suspension?
You can download the Administrative Suspension FAQ's here