Montana Board of Radiologic Technologists contact information


301 South Park, 4th Floor (
P.O. Box 200513
Helena, MT 59620-0513
Fax: (406) 841-2305

Board Office Contacts:

For information on applications and licensing contact:
Telephone: (406) 841-2202

For information on renewals, license verifications, and name changes contact: 
Telephone: (406) 841-2205

For information on continuing education:
Telephone: (406) 841-2204

For information on filing a complaint against a licensee contact:
LaVelle Potter, Compliance Specialist
Telephone: (406) 841-2362

Board Management:
Jason Steffins, Executive Officer
Board Management Bureau
Telephone: (406) 841-2329

  • Board Info
  • License Info
  • Regulations
  • Forms
  • Complaints
  • Services / Links
  • CE Info
  • FAQ







Frequently Asked Questions

What are the requirements to be licensed in Montana?
Licensure requirements can be found under the License Information tab of this website. Applications can also be found under this tab as well.
Can I work on my national credential without being licensed?
No, you must be licensed.
Is there a national entity for the profession?
Where are radiology schools located?
Please contact the American Registry for Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) for the most current list of approved schools.
Can I apply for a temporary license? How long is a temporary license granted for?
You may apply for a temporary practice permit if you have graduated from a radiologic technology course and have completed all requirements for licensure other than passing the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) examination. The permit expires 15 days after the first opportunity for examination. Hardship extensions may be granted at the Board's discretion. You are not allowed to apply for another temporary permit if you fail the exam.
When are my continuing education hours due and how do I apply for course approval?
How do I make an address change?
Please use the address change form located under the forms tab on this website or notify the board via fax or US mail.
How do I make a name change? 
Name changes must be requested in writing with documentation of the name change included (marriage license, divorce decree etc.).  If you would like a copy of your license in your new name you must include a $5.00 check or money order for a duplicate license.
When does my license expire?
The license expires February 1 and is renewed yearly.
Please see: License Renewal Information for additional information.
How do I get a duplicate license if I lost mine? 
Send the board office a written request for another license along with a $5.00 fee.
What happens if I let my license expire? 
You will have up to two years to renew and will need to pay the renewal fees and late fees and submit continuing education.
What happens if I let my license lapse past two years?
Your license will be terminated and you will need to completely reapply if you intend to practice in Montana.
What is e-Pass and how do I use it?
All on-line commerce functions for the State of Montana are now using e-Pass as an additional layer of security to protect your information.  You will need to set up an e-Pass account to renew your license, purchase fishing or hunting licenses, etc. more information on e-Pass.
How do I obtain a list of licensees? 
You can go directly to the License Download System.  This service allows you to purchase complete lists of individuals, businesses, and contractors licensed with the State of Montana through the Business Standards Division by using a credit/debit card.
What is Adminstrative Suspension? 
How do I find license or discipline information about a licensed individual?
You can go directly to the License Lookup System.  This site is a primary source for verification of licensed individual’s credentials.